How can I find End-Point Assessment Organisations?
Wouldn’t it be much better if there was just a list of EPAOs that you could filter, so that you could easily find the ones that are relevant to you? Well, there is and you can – thanks to the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations.
How to find EPAOs
Prospective Independent Assessors can use the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations to find EPAOs that are suitable for them.
Admittedly, the register wasn’t developed and made publicly available for this purpose. It is actually more for employers who are looking to find an assessment organisation to facilitate the EPA for their apprentice(s). Using the information provided on the register, employers can choose any organisation that’s listed against the respective Apprenticeship Standard for which their apprentice is completing.
But anyway, enough about employers and how they can use the register. In this post, we are focused on how you, a prospective Independent Assessor, can use the register to find an End-Point Assessment Organisation.
The Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations
To find EPAOs that deliver End-Point Assessments in apprenticeships you are competent in, you need to follow a 2-part process. However, you only need to do Part 1, if you don’t know the exact name of the apprenticeships you are interested in.
- Go to the List of Apprenticeship Standards on the IfA website;
- Using the ‘Keywords’ filter tool, type in a word that best describes the area you are occupationally competent in;
- Identify which apprenticeships are relevant to you by clicking on them and reading the ‘overview of the role’ section at the top;
- Copy the name of the apprenticeship (i.e. ‘Teaching Assistant’, ‘Steel Fixer’, ‘Adult Care Worker’ etc.).
Now you are ready for part 2.
Just so you know, it is ideal to be on a desktop device with Microsoft Excel to do the following;
- Go to the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations page on the gov.uk site;
- Look for the grey box (like the one below) and click on the link to the register;
- Open the ‘Find and Replace’ function by pressing ‘Ctrl + f’;
- Paste in the name of the apprenticeship and just keep clicking ‘Next’ to identify all of the EPAOs on that list that deliver that EPA.
And that is how you find End-Point Assessment Organisations!
There is one final point that you need to be aware of however. Hardly a day goes by where one EPAO or another isn’t applying to add another apprenticeship standard to their list. So, don’t treat the information on that register as ‘final’; there’s a good chance it may not be absolutely up to date.
If you want to become an End-Point Assessor, then we would recommend enrolling on to our End-Point Assessor course bundle. Alternatively, if you already hold a valid assessor qualification, then we would recommend our online EPA CPD course. If you have any questions, please get in touch on 01205 805155 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other EPA blogs in this series:
- What is End-Point Assessment?
- The Purpose of End-Point Assessment – What is it?
- What can an End-Point Assessor assess?
- What does an End-Point Assessment involve?
- Where can I find information on specific End-Point Assessments?
- What do I need to become an Independent End-Point Assessor?
- How do I find an End-Point Assessment plan?
- Who do End-Point Assessors work for?
- Who are End-Point Assessment Organisations?
Steve is a Chartered Manager and a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute.
He provides Educational Consultancy to the 19+ sector as well as being an Assessor, IQA, EPA and Digital Marketing Professional. When not doing any of these he finds time, every now and then, to write blogs and articles.