Courses Quality. Flexible. Unique
TAQA Courses with Brooks and Kirk
TAQA stands for ‘Training, Assessment & Quality Assurance’.
It’s important to know straight away that ‘TAQA’ itself is not a qualification. Rather, it is a suite of qualifications.
This suite contains all qualifications from Tutor training, to Assessor training, and last but not least IQA training.
Here at Brooks and Kirk we offer two Tutor training qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (formerly known as PTLLS).
This is the qualification you need if you are looking at getting into teaching or training in Further Education. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a step up from this, you could try the…
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (formerly known as CTLLS).
This qualification is for those of you who are currently working in an educational setting and want to take the next your teaching career to the next level.
Moving on to Assessment, our Assessor qualifications consist of:
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) – Units 1, 2 & 3
This is the only qualification that will make you a fully qualified Assessor. On completion of this course, you will be able to assess learners in their workplace and in learning environments.
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (ACWE) – Units 1 & 2
This qualification is for those who want to be able to assess learners in a workplace ONLY.
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (AVRA) – Units 1 & 3
This qualification is for those who want to be able to assess learners in their learning environment ONLY.
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (UPPA)
This qualification is best for those who are already qualified Assessors and want to do a refresher course to update their knowledge.
And finally, for the Quality Assurance section, we offer three qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This equips you with all the skills necessary to not only quality assure qualifications but also lead and manage the whole quality assurance process.
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This qualification gives you all the skills and knowledge necessary to provide quality assurance of assessments and assessment decisions.
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This course does not qualify you to internally quality assure assessment; however, it does provide you with the theory behind internal quality assurance.