You could try searching for them one by one online. However, given that there are around 250 of them, it may take you a while.
Wouldn’t it be much better if there was just a list of EPAOs that you could filter, so that you could easily find the ones that are relevant to you? Well, there is and you can – thanks to the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations.
How to find End-Point Assessment Organisations
Prospective Independent Assessors can use the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations to find EPAOs that are suitable for them.
Admittedly, the register wasn’t developed and made publicly available for this purpose. It is actually more for employers who are looking to find an assessment organisation to facilitate the EPA for their apprentice(s). Using the information provided on the register, employers can choose any organisation that’s listed against the respective Apprenticeship Standard for which their apprentice is completing.
But anyway, enough about employers and how they can use the register. In this post, we are focused on how you, a prospective Independent Assessor, can use the register to find an End-Point Assessment Organisation.
The Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations
To find EPAOs that deliver End-Point Assessments in apprenticeships you are competent in, you need to follow a 2-part process. However, you only need to do Part 1, if you don’t know the exact name of the apprenticeships you are interested in.
- Go to the List of Apprenticeship Standards on the IfA website;
- Using the ‘Keywords’ filter tool, type in a word that best describes the area you are occupationally competent in;
- Identify which apprenticeships are relevant to you by clicking on them and reading the ‘overview of the role’ section at the top;
- Copy the name of the apprenticeship (i.e. ‘Teaching Assistant’, ‘Steel Fixer’, ‘Adult Care Worker’ etc.).
Now you are ready for part 2.
Just so you know, it is ideal to be on a desktop device with Microsoft Excel to do the following;
- Go to the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations page on the gov.uk site;
- Look for the grey box (like the one below) and click on the link to the register;
- Open the ‘Find and Replace’ function by pressing ‘Ctrl + f’;
- Paste in the name of the apprenticeship and just keep clicking ‘Next’ to identify all of the EPAOs on that list that deliver that EPA.
And that is how you find End-Point Assessment Organisations!
There is one final point that you need to be aware of however. Hardly a day goes by where one EPAO or another isn’t applying to add another apprenticeship standard to their list. So, don’t treat the information on that register as ‘final’; there’s a good chance it may not be absolutely up to date.