At Brooks and Kirk, we pride ourselves on the quality of the assessor training that we provide. So, we have to be 110% sure that anyone carrying out assessments for ourselves is suitably qualified and experienced to do so.
To be ‘suitably qualified and experienced‘ to carry out assessments for Brooks and Kirk you must meet the requirements set out by Pearson Edexcel in their Assessing Vocational Achievement qualification specification. And these are;
“All those who assess these qualifications must:
- already hold the qualification (or previous equivalent qualification) they are assessing and
- have successfully assessed learners for other qualifications
- have up-to-date working knowledge and experience of best practice in assessment and quality assurance
- hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
- the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment, or
- the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, or
- A1 Assess candidate performance using a range of methods, or
- D32 Assess candidate performance and D33 Assess candidate using differing sources of evidence
- show current evidence of continuing professional development in assessment and quality assurance.”
If you are unsure as to whether you or the practitioner in question, meets these requirements then please contact us on 01205 805 155.