- You MUST have access to two learners to assess in a work environment.
- You MUST have access to a suitably qualified and experienced assessor. This person would be responsible for helping Brooks and Kirk to gather the competency-based evidence for this qualification.
- Brooks and Kirk WILL require copies of relevant certificates and an up to date CPD record from the aforementioned practitioner, in order to evidence their occupational competence to the awarding body.
- Should the evidence provided by the assessor NOT conform to both the awarding body’s and Brooks and Kirk’s standards, then it is possible to you will need to assess learners provided by Brooks and Kirk instead. These assessments would then be observed by an experienced Brooks and Kirk practitioner. Access to Brooks and Kirk’s learners and practitioner will be subject to additional charges.
- Should you find yourself in a position where you no longer have access to learners to assess or a qualified practitioner to observe you, then Brooks and Kirk will offer you access to the learners to assess subject to additional charges.
For clarity on what makes a practitioner suitably qualified and experienced to carry out the assessments, please read our Requirements for External Assessors.
If any of the points stated above may be an issue, then you may need our CAVA Course with access to learners instead.
What we need you to do after you have paid
Once you have paid the registration fee, you will receive a phone call as soon as possible from ourselves. If you make the payment at any point before 4.00 pm on a weekday, we will call you the same day. On this phone call, we will agree on a direct debit plan that works best for you. Once we have established the direct debit plan, we will send you over your credit agreement. As soon as we have received a signed credit agreement from yourself we will get you started as soon as possible.
Do I need access to a printer/scanner for the credit agreement?
No. You can sign the contract on a computer, tablet or smartphone!
How quickly will I be started?
For signed contracts received before 4.00 pm on a weekday;
– You will be started the same day.
For signed contracts received after 4.00 pm on a weekday/anytime over the weekend;
– You will be started on the next working day.
What will I receive from Brooks and Kirk?
You will receive another email. The email will contain your login details for our online learning system. Once you have received this email, you will be able to log in to your account on our learning system and begin your course! You can arrange a welcome call if you would like to have a chat with one of your tutors to help you find your feet on the online learning system. You can do this either by dropping the office a call on 01205 805 155 or by sending over an email to email@example.com asking for a welcome call.
What will my overall course fee be?
Your course fee will either be £550/£585, dependent on which awarding organisation you choose. The awarding bodies we work with are: Pearson Edexcel, City and Guilds and Industry Qualifications.
Don’t worry if you aren’t sure what awarding bodies do or why there are different prices. We will discuss this with you upon enrolment.
Once your final task has been marked as complete and you have received confirmation from someone at Brooks and Kirk that you have finished your course, you will be certificated. However, we will not release your certificate until your full course fee has been paid. At this point, it is your choice as to whether you would like to pay your course fee off early or wait for your Direct Debit to run its course. We will contact you to discuss these options with you upon completion of your course.